We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Complaints Response Mechanism Officer - Accountability
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- The position is based in Damaturu, Yobe State and reports directly to the Deputy Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
- The CRM Officer is responsible for ensuring mechanisms are in place in all Action Against Hunger programs to strengthen the quality and accountability of emergency response as well as upholding the organisation's commitment towards Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) standards especially in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism.
Task and Responsibilities
- Receive complaints and feedback via the CRM toll free line.
- Build staff awareness and commitment to a complaints mechanism, ensuring that all SOPs and Action Against Hunger core values are respected.
- Train M&E Field assistants and CRM assistants to carry out regular community feedback functions, ensuring that all SOPs and ACF core policies are respected.
- Maintenance of an effective record and filing system for all complaints solved and pending issues including correspondences.
- Compile data and submit internal and accurate reports to the concerned programs/projects on weekly basis.
- Ensure confidentiality of complaint data is respected.
- Manage beneficiary and stakeholders’ complaints and feedback mechanisms.
- Liaise with local authorities and community leaders to support the resolution of complaints.
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Social Research, Development Studies or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience in accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Strong understanding of HAP, Do No Harm and other relevant global standards.
- Experience in implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria.
- Experience in developing and/or managing complaints reporting mechanisms for cash transfer programme.
- Excellent computer skills especially in terms of developing databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local languages (Hausa and Kanuri).
- Sound analytical and conceptual skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Application Closing Date
23rd August, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online