We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: WASH Officer - PHP & NFI
Locations: Nagere, Bade - Yobe
- The position is based in Yobe state and supervised by the WASH Sector Manager.
- The WASH PHP and NFI Officer is responsible for direct implementation of the public health promotion and non-food items distribution of the WASH project.
Task and Responsibilities
- Revise and adapt hygiene promotion training material to local context and in line with target groups to be trained.
- In coordination with the Sector Manager, revise and adapt all IEC materials in line with the local context. This should be drawn up as a communication plan.
- Ensure that the hygiene promotion team members are fully aware of the hygiene promotion Strategy and all activities are in line with strategy activities.
- Prepare training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct trainings for both internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with the WASH sector technical team throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of WASH technical activities.
- Continually assess emergency needs, as requested, especially taking in the broader perspective of public health.
- Plan beneficiary selection and registration, and led the distribution of NFI kits with the Field Assistant team.
- Ensure that a KAP baseline survey is carried out, analysis done and hygiene promotion strategy is designed on the basis of the findings.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree/HND in Public Health, Social Science and other related fields.
- At least 1 year relevant working experience in supervising hygiene promotion and community mobilization activities in the humanitarian sector.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and ability to write quality reports.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Advert may close before due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.