RyteGate Technologies provides consulting and information technology advisory services to a wide range of local and international clients. RyteGate is made up of a network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. As a leading professional services firm, we have much to contribute to public policy, business and society throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Architect
- Designs projects and/or review architectural or engineering plans, specifications and contract documents to ensure compliance with government codes, laws and regulations.
- Advises Subcontractors on the interpretation of plans, recommends changes when necessary.
- Prepares and/or review preliminary designs, working drawings, specifications and cost estimates related to the project.
- Provides technical expertise in development or review of policies and procedures in relation to architectural structures and systems and construction/safety codes.
- Researches literature and maintain knowledge of current building materials, structural, mechanical and electrical system codes and methods of application.
- Reviews Subcontractor’s shop drawings to ensure compliance with specifications and contract agreements by checking them for technical accuracy according to accepted guidelines.
- Works with customers and Clients to gather facts, defines design and space planning problems, conceptualize possible solutions and secure approvals of proposals.
- Reviews product literature, analyzes materials and determines appropriateness for application to projects.
- Provides advice and develop design documents to initiate and modify architectural, interior design and space planning solutions.
- Performs design drafting including preliminary drawings, working drawings and full detail drawings for architectural, structural and mechanical works associated with building construction or improvement.
- Provides finish selections including color palettes, carpet and wall finishes, lighting and other various interior selections.
- Tackle Complex Projects
- Because of their years of experience, Senior Architects often get assigned the most challenging projects. For instance, they may design a whole assisted-living facility or a shopping complex. Estimating costs, choosing materials, creating a time framework and scheduling workers are some of the necessary tasks.
- Senior Architects interact with various people
- They talk with clients to learn about their needs and objectives
- They discuss ideas and strategies with other company leaders
- They solicit feedback from their team
- They bring in consultants as needed to provide specific expertise.
- Plans must not only please the client but also comply with government regulations and zoning codes
- Makes sure that what is being constructed is both legal and safe, which may involve research and consulting experts such as engineers and fire inspectors.
- Actions among the various individuals and groups contributing to a construction project need to be coordinated to stay on track and on budget
- Senior Architects help to supervise and maintain workflow so that schedules do not get interrupted
- When consultants are brought in, Senior Architects look over their designs and suggestions to see how they fit in with the overall project.
- B.Sc in Architecture
- M.Sc in Architecture assets
- PMP Certified
- Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON)
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience.
Senior Architect Skills:
- Since Senior Architects guide teams, they must be strong leaders with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Their ability to bring out the best in others and get everyone working as a cohesive unit can make or break a project
Other abilities frequently found among those in the profession include:
- Communicating clearly so that information gets delivered accurately.
- Listening to others to solicit opinions, spot potential pitfalls and confirm everyone is on the same page.
- Providing feedback to subordinates to keep them motivated and to rectify small problems before they become large ones.
- Multitasking to deal with competing demands.
- Attending to detail to ensure safety and legality.
- Keeping up in the industry in response to new technology, best practices and changes in codes.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 6th July, 2018.