Job Title: Site Resident Architect
- Discuss the ideas, objectives, requirements and budget of a project and in some cases help to select a site
- Consult with other professionals about design
- Assess the needs of the building and its users and advise the client on the practicality of their project
- Prepare and present feasibility reports and design proposals to the client
- Assess the impact on the local environment
- Use IT in design and project management, specifically using computer-aided design software
- Keep within financial budgets and deadlines
- Produce detailed workings, drawings and specifications
- Specify the nature and quality of materials required
- Prepare tender applications and presentations
- Negotiate with contractors and other professionals
- Prepare applications for planning and building control departments
- Draw up tender documents for contracts
- Project manage and help to coordinate the work of contractors
- Control a project from start to finish
- Carry out regular site visits to check on progress and ensure that the project is running on time and to budget
- Resolve problems and issues that arise during construction
- Ensure that the environmental impact of the project is managed
- Good Design Degree(s) (HND, B.Sc., B.Tech., M.Sc., M.Tech.) in Architecture
- 5 years of experiences in the field and experiences in construction/contract administration
- Registration with the Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON) and the Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA) may be an advantage
- Strong portfolio to prove artistic skills
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Proven working experience as an architect.
- Good knowledge of construction/contract administration
- Uncommon skill of interpreting and understanding architectural, engineering construction drawings and specifications, land and topographical surveys, geotechnical surveys and reports and any other relevant information required on site
- Good design and drawing skills to demonstrate your flair for architecture
- A strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals, clients and contractors
- Good identification and selection of contractors and sub-contractors
- Good knowledge of contract administration
- In-depth knowledge of the laws of building contracts such as the NIA 1990 laws of building contracts,JCT, FIDIC etc.
- Full understanding of construction safety and enforcement of use of PPE and safety procedures
- Good understanding of requirements of statutory approvals and the Nigerian building code
- Good organizational and negotiation skills
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- A first-rate understanding of construction processes
- Reasonable mathematical skills
- Project management skills with high proficiency in Microsoft office software especially Microsoft word, excel and project.
- Excellent IT skills, including computer-aided design skills with familiarity with specific soft wares such as AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, Revit, Sketch Up, 3D Max.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: [email protected]